Carapace Armour Painted

The carapace armour has had an undercoat of satin black paint, maybe I should have used a matt. Aquila and skulls on the chestplate and shoulders has been given the same paint job as the skulls on the collar insignia of the greatcoat.
The paint scheme for them is that from the ‘Eavy Metal Masterclass, Demon Prince brass armour trim guide.

The breastbones were attached to the chestplate with hot glue and then painted using a Games Workshop skull colour painting guide. There are a few bits to finish-off and then I’ll weather the armour and start on the rebreather unit to sit on the back of the backplate. I think I’ll vacuum form that to minimise the weight.

12348090_10153941446099610_8302072929568373405_n

Carapace Armour Pre-Paint

This is the carapace and shoulder armour almost done. I couldn’t wait to photograph further fine tuning before applying the first undercoat, so this is the only pic prior to undercoating.
Since this pic I have finished-off the rib-cage decoration. I have also:
Cut and shaped the bottom of the chest plate..
Added mock rivets to chest and back plate.
Added aquila to the  shoulder guard.
Added Skulls to the rere-brace.

I’ll post some more pics when the paint job is underway.
IMG_0714

Carapace Armour Gorget

It wasn’t easy, but after a lot of messing around I have attached a gorget to the breastplate. It isn’t right however. On trying it on I found that the front part is angled to low and the aquila that will go on it will not be seen very well. It also doesn’t look like the one on the figure¬†I’m using as a guide. So, that is going to get a bit of a mod.

IMG_0705